SPADO is a peace oriented non-political, non-religious, non-profit and non-government organization contributing towards a culture of peace and non-violence since its inception in 2002. The goal of the organization is to provide a peaceful environment to all human beings especially those living in poverty and marginalized communities where they can utilize their potentials for sustainable development. SPADO is striving towards a culture of peace, justice, empowerment and development based on the human values of ethics.
1- Position Information:
Title: Program Coordinator
Duty Station: Karachi Office
Reports to: Executive Director SPADO
Duration of Contract: 6 Months
2–Background Information of the Project
The local government representatives are the elected community leaders who can play an important role for the promotion of peace and harmony at community level. The project “Promoting Community Based Dispute Resolution Through Training of Local Government Representatives” is a pilot project aims to build the capacity of newly elected local government (LG) representatives of Karachi to prevent and/or resolve violent conflicts at the local level and to promote genuine, sustainable peace through formal and informal mechanisms. At the same time advocacy and lobbying will also be carried out to develop trust and cooperation between state institutions, local government and communities for a greater and more effective role in conflict management and prevention.
3-Scope of Responsibilities
The Program Coordinator is an integral member of the project team responsible for directing, organizing and controlling project activities, under the direction of Executive Director. Under the guidance of the Project Steering Committee (PSC), the Project Coordinator will report to the Islamabad office on day to day basis and work in close collaboration with the project team. S/he will perform the following duties:
- Supervise the overall management and implementation of the project activities.
- Attend meetings and assist with determination of project requirements
- Effectively and accurately communicate relevant project information to the donor and project team
- Ensure that the inputs are relevant to the activities, and the activities are relevant to the results and ensure that value for money is observed throughout the project implementation, including compliance to guidelines for allowable expenses at established rates
- Support the delivery of quality project outputs through quality preparation of monthly and quarterly work plans, including budgets
- Review training manuals and reports from Consultants throughout the lifecycle of the project
- Issue Contracts, Letters of Intent etc.
- Communicate ideas for improving organizational processes with a positive and constructive attitude, and for developing this attitude in others
- Keep the Executive director and others informed in the head office about project status and issues that may impact relations with donor and projects beneficiaries.
- Provide communication support on the project to the public, and logistical support to project activities and personnel when required
|Education||Masters in Social Sciences or any related field|
|Experience||1. Good management and coordination skills, with experience of at least 10 years in project implementation and management in development sector
2. Experience in writing project reports and management plans
3. Knowledge about local government system in Pakistan
4. Willingness to participate in field activities/surveys
5. Knowledge in use of computer software packages for word, excel, power point, and the Internet.
6. Proven experience in coordinating and managing projects.
7. Excellent communication and facilitation skills.
8. Ability to follow deadlines, accuracy and attention to detail.
9. Experience in writing project success stories, lessons learned and best practices
10. Experience in working with NGOs and CSOs in Karachi.
|Competencies||1. Ability in negotiating and lobbying skills
2. Ability to work under minimum supervision to meet short deadlines.
3. Commitment and drive to achieve challenging goals, and problem solving attitude.
4. A team player with strong inter-personal skills and the ability to deal with multiple teams located in multiple institutions.
5. Ability to identify client needs and deliver them promptly and accurately
|Language Requirements||Fluency in English and Urdu is essential|
|Duration Of assignment||6-Months|
Please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com before 10th May, 2016.