With support from USAID Small Grants and Ambassador’s Fund Program (SGAFP), Sustainable Peace and Development Organization-SPADO has launched the eight (08) month project titled “Better Prepared Communities to Cope with Natural Disasters in District Charsadda (KPK). The aims of this project is to minimize the loss of lives, property and livelihoods during natural disasters in UC Nisatta, District Charsadda through better preparedness and management involving the following activities:
- Formation of Village Disaster Management Committees (male & female separate) in 20 identified villages of the UC and capacity building of its 400 community members (50% female) in disaster preparedness and management.
- Formation of School Disaster Management Committees in 18 government boys and girls schools of the UC and capacity building of its 150 members in preparedness and management.
- Provision of emergency response kit to each male Village Disaster Management Committee.
- Development of Village and School Disaster Management Plans for the 20 selected villages and 18 government schools of the UC and its vetting by DDMU Charsadda.
- Conducting mock drills in 3 boy’s and 3 girl’s school to demonstrate the learning by students and communities, identify the roles and responsibilities of each disaster management committee and general communities and practice the use of emergency response kit items.
USAID/Pakistan has, in cooperation with the USAID Office of Inspector General, established the Anti-Fraud Hotline to provide an avenue for the reporting of fraud, waste, and abuse which may be associated with USAID funded projects in Pakistan. Complaints are handled with complete confidentiality and individuals are encouraged to report when corruption, fraud, waste or abuse may exist in the USAID/Pakistan projects. Reports can be filed anonymously via the easy-to-use Hotline (Toll free number 0800 84700); e-mail at email@example.com; fax at 021-35390410; postal address at 5-C, 2nd Floor Khayban-e-Ittehad, Phase VII, DHA, Karachi, Pakistan; and on the website www.anti-fraudhotline.com
This project is made possible by the support of the American people through the United States Agency for International Development (USAID). The contents are the sole responsibility of SPADO and do not necessarily reflect the views of USAID or the United States Government.